Learning Portfolio: Technical Assistance and Resources

In this episode of Learning Portfolio: providing technical assistance and resources to students. My course is already designed and includes clear tutorials for assignments and marking guides available for students and therefore, it is a bit of a challenge to find new strategies to employ in my online teaching. I provide technical advice one on one to students, but find it a challenge to provide advice in a group setting when the learning asynchronous.

However, some of the information I provide one on one may be more generally useful. In particular, the students complete a final research project and while each project is different, they often employ similar sampling strategies. Therefore, the one on one technical advice I provide via email could be posted on the class forums. Each time I provide technical advice via email, especially if it contains links to resources, I will add to the class forums.

The following site gave me the idea: https://uwaterloo.ca/centre-for-teaching-excellence/teaching-resources/teaching-tips/alternatives-lecturing/discussions/collaborative-online-learning